Friday, February 11, 2011

He Is First, We Are Second

Psalms 51:1-2 - Have mercy on me, O God, according to your unfailing love; according to your great compassion blot out my transgressions. Wash away all my iniquity and cleanse me from my sin.

I can sum this passage up in two simple words, unconditional love. How amazing is it to know that no matter what you do, or what you have done in the past, God can and will forgive you. He will wipe your sins away, just like notes on a chalkboard - once erased they are gone forever.

Isn't it great to know that even though you may have done terrible things in the past, there is a way to redeem yourself - through Christ. I am so grateful for that. I was into drugs, I was into drinking, I had no shame when I used inappropriate language. I was into a lot of things that weren't good for me, or good for anyone for that matter. Then, I met some new friends, and I found myself seeking God, something was missing in my life. That something was faith. If you aren't sure about having faith, I encourage you to try it. I can make the guarantee that if you can know that He is first, and you are second, it will change your life.

No comments:

Post a Comment