Saturday, February 12, 2011

Love - Forgiveness - Compassion

Ephesians 4:29-32 - Do not let any unwholesome talk come out of your mouths, but only what is helpful for building others up according to their needs, that it may benefit those who listen. And do not grieve the Holy Spirit of God, with whom you were sealed for the day of redemption. Get rid of all bitterness, rage and anger, brawling and slander, along with every form of malice. Be kind and compassionate to one another, forgiving each other, just as in Christ God forgave you.

I usually don't blog more than once a week, but today as I was reading the Bible, I came across the passage above. It's such a beautiful passage that I feel is completely relevant to today's world. Why do I feel this way? That's easy to answer. Turn on you television, flip through the channels, you may come across shows like...Jersey Shore or any other drama-filled reality show. On the show, you'll see all kinds of bitterness and anger, among many other things. I know all this from talk shows and things of that nature, I've never actually watched the show myself. With all that said, I wonder why people would bother watching such a show, so I asked some people. The replies ranged from things like "it's funny" to things like, "I learn from the show."

Here I am, still clueless, wondering why people in today's society think anger and disrespect are funny. Maybe I'm just weird, who knows. Either way, my opinion stands, I see no point in it. Of course, I am no angel in the anger department, but I truly am working on it, and I know I will be forgiven. I have hope that maybe someday there will be a beneficial show on TV, something about being compassionate, and how much of a better life we can live if we start treating everyone with respect instead of anger, rudeness, and bitterness. Let's show people we can forgive them for their actions, just as He forgives us.

Mission: Love - Forgiveness - Compassion.
Who's with me?

No comments:

Post a Comment