Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Never Alone

Deuteronomy 31:8 - The Lord himself goes before you and will be with you; He will never leave you nor forsake you. Do not be afraid; do not be discouraged.

Last night before bed, I was reading Traveling Light by Max Lucado. I got to the chapter about the burden of loneliness. This chapter talked about how we are never alone, and showed many examples where we are told this - the above verse is just one more example. It's said so many times in the Bible, He wants us to know that we are never alone. In Traveling Light, Max pointed out that sometimes when we are alone, we may do something because we are bored or have nothing else to do. When I read that, I thought, "yeah, Max is definitely right", he points out that maybe God wants us to do that very thing we wouldn't normally do for one reason or another.

When I think about it like that, I realize how far from true loneliness we really are. Next time you think you're alone, take that time to get even closer to God - I know I will, because He's there even when no one else is.


P.S. If you haven't read Traveling Light by Max Lucado - look into it, I think you might enjoy it.

1 comment:

  1. Great point! I'll have to add this book to my ever-growing reading list. :-)

    ReplyDelete