Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Take Delight in the Lord

Psalm 37:4-6 - Take delight in the Lord,and He will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord; trust in Him and He will do this: He will make your righteous reward shine like the dawn,your vindication like the noonday sun.

This was one of the last things my Pastor said to close out last weekend's service. He said to us "take delight in the Lord." Up until that point, I didn't realize that I wasn't taking delight in Him. I have absolutely given my life to Christ, but I wasn't realizing that everything that has been happening in my life was His plan for me, not my plan for me. If we can all realize that if we take delight in the Lord, He'll give us the desires of our hearts..we may learn to be thankful for everything that happens in our lives - the good and the bad. Why? Because everything that happens is just more direction in the path He wants us to take in our lives!

Let's embrace the plan He has for each of us, let's take delight in the Lord.

No comments:

Post a Comment