Thursday, April 28, 2011

Speak


"Speak, you have my attention. You have my attention, Lord."

I don't normally take the time to blog about a song, but this particular one really hit home for me today. I was having a tough time earlier this evening, and I said some things I wasn't proud of, just because someone hurt my feelings. After the anger passed, and the hurt set in, I realized something. I was angry at what happened, yes, but I was even more angry at the things I had said because of the content, and I was hurt because I know my actions let Him down.

I'm trying to move on with my life, but I realized tonight [better late than never] that I wasn't letting God lead the way. So here I am, via blog...saying speak, you have my attention. You have my attention, Lord. Show me what to do, show me where to go, without Your guidance, I'm lost.

To close this out, all I can say for anyone reading...He's always listening, He's always there when you need help [even when it takes us a while to realize we need help]. Wait for Him to show you the way, He should always have our attention.

No comments:

Post a Comment