Saturday, April 23, 2011

Easter - Not All About Peeps!


I believe in God, the Father almighty,creator of heaven and earth.I believe in Jesus Christ, his only Son, our Lord,who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,born of the Virgin Mary, suffered under Pontius Pilate,was crucified, died, and was buried;he descended to the dead. On the third day he rose again; he ascended into heaven, he is seated at the right hand of the Father, and he will come to judge the living and the dead. I believe in the Holy Spirit, the holy catholic Church, the communion of saints, the forgiveness of sins, the resurrection of the body, and the life everlasting. Amen.


Let's not forget what Easter is all about. It's not all about the candy and the amazing food [although we do love all those things], it's really about the resurrection of Jesus. He was crucified, He died for our sins. We all need to remember that, not just on Easter, but we need to remember,and be thankful for that every single day. I, myself am guilty of forgetting this, especially recently. I've been going through a lot of emotional battles lately, and found myself questioning everything once again. Something triggered within me a few days ago, I realized Easter was approaching, and I remembered just what Easter was all about [No, I'm sorry - it's not Peeps!], and I said to myself "what am I doing? How could I be so miserable when someone so wonderful gave His life for me?" I needed that realization, and He knew that. So now, I'm asking anyone reading this to realize today and everyday here after, that He gave his life for us. I know I will be forever thankful.


Happy Easter Everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment